Thursday, March 27, 2008

Shh... Big Secret

I've come to the conclusion that I have a bit of a secret. I'm still a romantic at heart. *Gasp!* I suppose you could call me a cynical romantic. Despite my world-weary delusions that there is no such thing as true love out there, at least not for me... there persists a deep inner voice that whispers true love is possible... and yours will find you.

Just take a look at my ipod and you'll figure it out. I've got my old standards- Nine Inch Nails, Marilyn Manson, Lollipop Lust Kill, Rammstein, Type O Negative... you get the drift. Then there's a nice mix of the Cruxshadows (who for a gothic band have managed to mantain a certain amount of romanticism in their body of work) and even some things from (ok, now I'm totally blushing) the Moulin Rouge soundtrack.

Somedays, I really don't understand myself. (Maybe that's the reason for my biweekly psychiatrist visits.) I'm in the process of figuring myself out. And I'm learning that I'm much deeper and more complex than the dark, materialistic cynic I put on for the world to see. I'm really no closer to learning who I am, but I'm at least figuring out who I am not. Bizarre.

1 comment:

Sleepydumpling said...

Honey, it was no secret to me! Any gal who loves a bit of girliness like you and I do... bound to be a romantic at heart!