Tuesday, January 13, 2009

i screamed like a schoolgirl...

yeah... i behaved myself with a total lack of decorum while shopping today. i went looking for some pants at torrid. didn't find any pants, but came across a super-cute skirt. i didn't think it would fit, but thought "what the hell?" and tried it on anyway. it was a size 16 short goth skirt with a layer of red tulle poking out from beneath a black overskirt. it fit- easily. i didn't have to do my usual contortionist routine to get the thing zipped up. it looked really, really cute. i showed my bff, who was with me... i was screaming like a giddy little schoolgirl and jumping up and down like an epileptic bunny. i was just so freaking excited. then i realized that i won't have to shop at torrid when i lose 10 more pounds. wow. i can't remember the last time i went to a "regular" store. :)

i even went to hot topic and got an invader zim t-shirt. anyone who has tried to shop there knows the frustration- most of their clothes are cut at least 2 sizes to small. well, i'm fitting into a "large" t-shirt perfectly. woo-hoo for me!

i went roller-skating tonight. first time since junior high. i didn't do too well, but i'm sore all over. i know i burned some calories. it's really nice to feel free to get out of the house and try new things. i would have never done this before my surgery. for the first time, i feel like a normal person. i'm even (dare i say it?) happy.

life is good.

3 comments:

Sleepydumpling said...

I miss Torrid. I REALLY miss Torrid.

I'm wearing one of my Torrid tops today in fact.

Queen Etherea said...

aww. you'll just have to come back and visit. :)

seriously, if you want anything from torrid i can always ship it out to you. i totally don't mind.

here's the one i bought: http://tinyurl.com/8anjyb

Tamara said...

Awesome, Insen!!!!